Time for another joint blogathon this time with Barry from Cinematic Catharsis…
And we are putting Christopher Lee, a Hammer and Amicus favourite into the spotlight.
Top 10 Christopher Lee Movies, IGN
It’s blogathon announcement time again here on Realweegiemidget Reviews. This topic as suggested by my blogging co-host Barry from Cinematic Catharsis is… cue drum role… Christopher Lee.
This choice will lead to a dilemma for all you Hammer and Amicus fans and blogathon regulars, especially if I tell you that we are bringing back the Hammer and Amicus blogathon later this year. That is if you are keen to review him in these particular film series and you have a movie in mind. Will you do it now or then?
Alternatively, you can review him in one of his other movies or TV shows and with 282 credits in his filmography, you have loads to choose from. Or you can write about his books or music career it’s up to you. Or you can add one of his recipes (you know who you are), write on his relationship with Peter Cushing or his two-week stint fighting for Finland in the Cold War.
Christopher Lee appeared in a wide variety of film genres, movie franchises and TV series from 1948 to 2014. These including his horror films such as Hammer’s Dracula A.D. 1972 (1972), Amicus’ Dr Terror’s House of Horrors (1965) and folk horror in The Wicker Man (1973). Many of these films were with his close friend and co-star Peter Cushing.
He also appeared as a James Bond villain in The Man with the Golden Gun (1974) and a disaster film as Lee Grant’s on-screen husband in the disaster film Airport ’77 (1977). He starred in film franchises such as the ones for The Three Musketeers, Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. TV Series include episodes of The Avengers, Space: 1999, Charlie’s Angels and many more.
You are welcome to tribute him in any way. All we are asking is that there are no duplicates, although you can review the same titles if you are writing a list themed post.
Films chosen already…
Realweegiemidget Reviews… The Devil Rides Out (aka The Devil’s Bride) (1968)
Cinematic Catharsis… Pirates of Blood River (1962)
and CLICK HERE to check the Whos Doing What page for topics chosen already…
- You can review ANY films, TV Movies or TV series or any of his books or books written about him. You can also write about his adverts or theatre performances. You can also write about his musical career.
- We are allowing no duplicates as this topic is pretty huge. You can however write about those review topics previously mentioned, but only if they are in a list or retrospective review.
- Review choices can be added as a comment on this page or you can contact me on my Contact Me page – please add the name of your blog. Or on Barry’s blog.
- We won’t accept posts that are uncomplimentary or disrespectful.
- You can only submit two posts for the blogathon.
- Add your Twitter username so we can promote your post.
- A full list of blogs and review choices will be posted on a separate page and updated regularly.
- Only original and never before published posts will be accepted.
- Send your link to your post link on the days of the blogathon.
- I am not accepting derogatory posts, and if you do write about his life off-screen please write about it in a complementary way.
Please add one of the banners below to your blog and final post…
Looking forward to hearing from you…