You will be shaken and stirred at the wee twist in Gabriela and my second Blogathon tributes to those James Bond movies…
Pale Writer and I celebrate the franchise, with a blogathon and just twelve actresses to choose from.
James Bond 007 | EVERY BOND WOMAN, Every James Bond
In the film series of those British espionage films from the 1960s to the present day (so far), that features the British spy known as (Bond), James Bond there are limitless options for blogathon topics. Be it those films themselves, their bad guys and bad gals acting talents, those James Bond actors and their prolific filmographies, their splendid supporting cast members and even more random topics such as space, islands, countries, gadgets and much, much more. It really is the topic that keeps on giving.
So joining me this year, for a second well deserved blogathon tribute based on the James Bond franchise, my co-hostess is once more, Gabriela from Pale Writer. This comes after our highly successful You Knew My Name: The Bond Not Bond Blogathon last December. So this year, after a wee suggestion from the blogging world, I and my lovely co-hostess are giving the Bond girls or Bond women their time in the spotlight.
But whatever you feel happy calling them… Bond girls, ladies or actresses, Carey Lowell – who worked on a Bond film with Timothy Dalton – said this of the role HERE,
Hey, once a Bond girl, always a Bond girl. It will always be a big deal – it’s an exclusive club.
Don’t worry, if for some reason these Bond actresses are not your thing, as this is the first of our joint blogathons this year. The other blogathon topic and dates will be announced later this year so keep your eyes peeled. And to give you a wee clue or two, this subject has been tributed before but not from either of us. But this blogger who did the blogathon kindly gave us permission to honour this actor once again.
And now to more on the Other Than A Bond Girl Blogathon’s subject for this blogathon we are holding on the 1st to 3rd July. Bond girls (or women) have been traditionally defined as either love interests, villainesses or companions to this British spy. Wikipedia here adds to those roles with Bond girls also seen as,
“those who assist him, femme fatales (who invariably make an attempt on Bond’s life), and sacrificial lambs (female associates of Bond who wind up dead)”
Wikipedia notes that most Bond girls are under thirty years old, yet only recently it seems – thanks to Monica Bellucci and others – that older actresses are getting a look in with these roles. Of course, all these women are stunningly beautiful and add to the plot in exciting and thrilling ways.
And so, you could those colleagues of Bond’s such as Moneypenny and Judi Dench as M to this list. Bond girls stay by his side loyally for the whole film or he’s joined by lovelies who appear all too briefly in hot tubs, islands as their
craft boat is admired or in a bad guy’s secret base. Some of the actresses playing Bond girls have appeared in more than one James Bond film, as another Bond girl. An example is Maud Adams who starred as Andrea Anders in The Man with the Golden Gun (1974) and in the title role in Octopussy (1983).
These women often came with names with sexy double entendres that went over many of our heads as kids. With notable ones named Holly Goodhead as played by Lois Chiles (who I think was tributed for this role as Holly Harwood in Dallas (1978-91)), Xenia Onatopp (Famke Janssen) and Pussy Galore (Honor Blackman).
And now for more on the blogathon, a wee reminder that the Other Than A Bond Girl Blogathon will be from the 1st to the 3rd of July this year. Please tell us if you are publishing earlier than this, or if you are running late during the blogathon. The rules, review choices and banners are below. Don’t submit a review for any Bond girl that isn’t on our list, as no matter how good your review is, we are only accepting certain Bond girls… and review choices from their careers in film and TV that aren’t their contribution to the world of James Bond movies.
This is as with so many ladies to choose from, Gabriela and I each chose one Bond girl for the six Bonds listed as Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig. So this huge list of lovely ladies has been whittled down to a final twelve… and you can only select your choice from these women.
So here in no particular order are those actresses… as chosen by me (with the “help” of Darlin Husband)…and my co-host, Gabriela…
Sean Connery… Honor Blackman and Luciana Paluzzi
George Lazenby… Diana Rigg and Joanna Lumley
Roger Moore… Caroline Munro and Barbara Bach
Timothy Dalton… Maryam D’Abo and Carey Lowell
Pierce Brosnan… Teri Hatcher and Sophie Marceau
Daniel Craig… Monica Bellucci and Eva Green
But do watch this space as one day this blogathon might make a come back with some others we’ve not tributed this time. By this time, we may possibly have added those actresses who are hoping for this role. It seems Jessica Chastain is one such actress saying HERE,
One of my goals is to play a villain in a Bond film. People ask me if I want to be a Bond girl, and I say, ‘No, I want to be the villain.’ I’m waiting for that call!
Here are the blogathon rules…
- You can review ANY of these ladies’ films or TV shows apart from their James Bond movies. Or if you want to review books or topics, that’s ok with us too. Or you can write biographical posts as long as they stay respectful.
- We will allow two duplicates for each topic be it a movie, book or TV Show. You can only write on those previously mentioned if they are in a list or retrospective review. But you can, of course, mention other films and TV in your post. A maximum of three posts per person is allowed.
- Review choices can be added as a comment on this page or you can contact me on my Contact Me page – please add the name and URL of your blog along with your choice of movie/book or TV choice. Or you can send me a Direct Message on Twitter.
- We won’t accept posts that are uncomplimentary or disrespectful to these actresses.
- Add your Twitter username so we can promote your post.
- You can also add podcasts, but only if you send me the podcast link on my Contact Me page.
- A full list of blogs, podcasters and review choices will be posted on a separate page and updated regularly.
- Only original, never before published posts will be accepted.
- Send your link to your post link/podcast/video to Gabriela or me on the days of the blogathon.
- Note we will be publishing all the links on both blogs on each day of the blogathon. As we both have completely different time zones this may mean you turn up on two days depending on when you add your post.
- All post choices must be confirmed with Gabriela and I first or they won’t be added to the blogathon. It is not fair to others otherwise.
These are my and Gabriela’s choices…
Realweegiemidget Reviews…The Six Million Dollar Man: The Solid Gold Kidnapping (1973) with Luciana Paluzzi
Pale Writer… Evil Under the Sun (1982) with Diana Rigg
and the Who’s Doing What page is HERE…
Not forgetting those important links…
Click on their name below to reach their Wikipedia entry which has their full biography and filmography…
Finally, add one of the banners below to your post…
Looking forward to hearing from you.!