All about my Versatile Blogger nominations…
Both the wonderful Rebecca of Taking Up Room and Jonathan at Dubsism nominated me for this award with more thrilling details of my nominees here.
So with Christmas Days celebrations just finished for another year, I’m hoping you are having a jolly holiday. Now, just after my first posts for 2019 are thrust into the blogosphere, I’ve got some lovely news to share with you with a late pressie for some lovely inspiring bloggers.
I received two wee blogging honours in December. At the beginning of the month, I was nominated by the lovely Rebecca at Taking Up Room for the Versatile Blogger Award. Woo hoo!!! And shortly after that, I received a nomination for the same award from Jonathan at Dubsism. So I feel doubly honoured and touched. And I’d like to thank both these wonderful bloggers for their awards, and (warning) here I go full tilt Sally Field Oscar speech again..as I did in 2016 as a newbie blogger for those Liebster Awards.
I’d like to thank Rebecca and Jonathan for thinking of my blog with such talented and gifted bloggers out there. I’m flabbergasted that I was added to their nomination list of the 15 chosen blogs. With so many amazing and wonderful blogs out there, it’s lovely to have a mention. I’ve chosen a further 15 lovely bloggers to add to their fabulous lineups, as I must insist you check out both my nominators’ lists too as their nominees are just as wonderful as my list of lovelies.
As part of accepting this honour, which may seem a bit like a chain letter which it kinda is but in a good way I was given this wee checklist… which lovely nominees I’m asking you to do too if you accept my nomination. Sadly still not with Leonardo DiCaprio / Jack Nicholson / Michael Caine (insert name of your fave actor or actress) and the red carpet. Though if any of these my personal choices insist on giving me the award in person, that would be nice… (drifts off).
And the rules to quote Taking Up Room…
Thank the person who nominated you.
Provide a link to their blog.
Share seven facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 bloggers of your choosing.
So having done 1 and 2, here are seven Realweegiemidget facts…
Apologies if I’ve shared these facts before…
- My favourite entertainment themed day to date was the day I saw Terry Wogan live and he interviewed Dallas stars Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray and Larry Hagman.
- I was on Children’s BBC Blue Peter‘s 20th birthday show as one of the kids who let go of birthday balloons with then TV presenter Isla St. Clair. For this honour, I got her autograph and signed photos. These photos were of the then Blue Peter team including my Crush of the month, Chris Wenner. All sadly lost over time and still desperately hunting down this TV footage.
- I once met Ronnie Corbett and Keith Chegwin… and Justin Lee Collins (not at the same time). And I asked Justin if he would kiss me which he did. with him saying “of course you can my love”…
- I used to collect signed photos of the stars and had most of the original EastEnders cast.
- I was featured on the Multi Coloured Swap Shop Swap board for 12 dolls for anything to do with Shakin Stevens… I was supershocked had got through to the show and really wanted Dallas stuff…
- I’ve won 2 Blue Peter competition badges.
- I was in the Tufty Club at school, which was a club educating kids with a road safety promotion with a squirrel mascot in those days of Public Information films.
And now onto those wonderful nominees (and unofficially add Rebecca and Jonathan’s bunch of bloggers…)
Jenny from Silver Screen Suppers
Chris from Angelmans Place
Mr Deathrage at Stabford Deathrage Shoots his Mouth Off
Barry P from Cinematic Catharsis
Ken from Le Cinema Dreams
The Poppity at Poppity Talks Classic Film
K Sturton at A Scunner Darkly
Paul S at Pfeiffer Pfilms and Meg Movies
Vinnie at Vinnieh
Dave at Banzai Retro Club
Paul S at Return to the 80s
Brian at Old School Evil
Paddy at Caftan Woman
John Harmon from The JHL Collective
and … Terence from A Shroud of Thoughts
And to all of you, bloggers, friends, family and the world hope you had a Happy Christmas. And join me later in January for a new blogathon announcement celebrating a Birthday Boy… and even more in a new year at Realweegiemidget Reviews.