My Eleven Sunshine Bloggers are…
Read on for news of my double nomination and the remaining 11 Sunshine Blogging Award Nominees
Recently I released the first of my blogging award nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Awards. This with a wee note that 11 more bloggers would be revealed soon for this prestigious award. Over the last year and a bit, I’d received a further two Sunshine Awards. Today I’m now thanking those two wonderful bloggers for my nominations for this award on their splendid sites and I’m honoured you picked me.
Again, I’d like to take this time to apologise for the lateness in replying but as they say better late than never… So it’s a big thanks to Ginnie at The Wonderful World of Cinema and Mike at Words Seem Out of Place. Now on with the ceremony.. says she accepting these awards from Jon Hamm, accepting his kiss on the cheek then trying to make a discreet exit off stage without falling over on her heels…
Firstly here are those rules…
- List the award’s official rules.
- Display the award’s official logo somewhere on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Provide a link to your nominator’s blog.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on at least one of their blog posts.
Here are my answers to their questions…
The Wonderful World of Cinema
1- Is there something movie-related you are “ashamed” of? For example, a film you still haven’t seen, that time you mixed up two actors, etc.
In the 1980s I watched every Andrew McCarthy film until Weekend at Bernies because I had a wee bit of a crush on him. It’s only now I’ve seen more 80s classics like Point Break, which I now of course wish I’d discovered years ago. But due to this crush, I also know the St Elmo’s Fire script practically off by heart…
2- Do you celebrate your favourite movie stars on their birthday? If yes, how?
I usually tweet them adding one of my movie or TV reviews of a project that they starred in and wish them a Happy Birthday. I do this as I feel my review is like giving them a personal thank you for their part in a usually great movie or TV Show.
3- What is your best movie industry-related memory. It can be a film screening, an encounter, a movie class you attended, a festival, etc.
It’s more a TV memory but won tickets to see Terry Wogan interview Larry Hagman, Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy (JR, Sue Ellen and Bobby) from the Dallas show. As a Dallas fan this was one of the best moments of my life. I also went to Comic-Con last year with my wee sister and met the actor David Warner.
4- Is there a movie remake you actually like better than the original?
I love High Society as I really enjoy musicals, the casting is superb and it’s beautifully acted. I do like the original film for the last two reasons but find the remake much more transfixing with those musical numbers.
5- What is your favourite Swedish film? If you haven’t seen any, is there one you’ll be curious to see? Asking because I live in Stockholm now!
Surprisingly living in Finland I haven’t seen any! But I would be interested in seeing some of Ingmar Bergman’s work, which does get an airing here. So watch this space…
6- How many movies do you approximately watch each month?
Between 10 and 15 as I often watch more retro films with my husband at the weekend, as luckily he’s a bit of a film buff too.
7- What is the first movie-related blog you ever read? Would probably be Vinnie h‘s as I discovered his blog when looking for some nominees for a Liebster Award, and his reviews caught my eye.
8- If you could create a cocktail in honour of a movie star who would you honour and how would it be made?
Jack Nicholson and Kathleen Turner drank Bacardi and Pineapple in Prizzi’s Honor, so this used to be my fave alcoholic drink for a while after seeing it.
9- Is there someone whose movie suggestions you always trust?
Usually, my husband as he has great taste in retro films, but we watched The Spy Who Dumped Me recently at his insistence and it was in a word shite. Sorry to all those who were involved!
10- What was the first blog article you ever wrote (aside from a “Welcome to my blog” article)? Were you proud of it?
I wrote an article about Love & Mercy, which I was quite proud of for a first blog entry. This film inspired me to keep writing in this niche and that was nearly 5 years ago.
11- Do you have any movie-related resolution(s) for 2020?
Doing both of these atm as I’m slowly updating my blog and writing my awards thank you pages. I’d also like to write up a few promotional posts for some books I’ve to (start and) finish reading.
Words Seem out of Place
1. If you had to choose between these three Marilyn Monroe movies, which would you pick: Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, The Seven Year Itch, or Some Like It Hot?
Some Like It Hot is my favourite of these three as it’s the only one I’ve seen in full and its a fun but timeless comedy. It always reminds me of the Christmas holidays as that’s when it was often shown when I was a wee girl.
2. What decade is your favourite for film?
Has to be the 1970s with those disaster movies, all star casts and those crazy horror films you really can’t beat.
3. Who is your desert island musical artist?
Probably Catherine Zeta Jones as she makes it all look so easy as I’m sure not many can belt out a musical number, dance and still look good all at the same time. She really stole the show in Chicago too.
4. What is the last movie you watched, and how’d you like it?
The Spy Who Dumped Me, I hated it. The cast has been seen in much better movies and TV so this annoying girl buddy film really really irked me.
5. If you could only watch one actor or actress for the rest of your life, who do you choose
Jack Nicholson or Michael Caine as they both have a fantastic filmography. So it would be hard to pick just one of them…
6. What is your favourite cinematic adaptation of a book?
One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest (by Ken Kesey), the film is just wonderful and it’s perfect casting and has a wonderful behind the scenes story. Nicholson is the only one who could play Randle McMurphy and Louise Fletcher as Nurse Ratched.. both definitely deserved those Oscars.
7. If you were in a horror film, would you die in the first act or survive to the end
Somewhere in between those times but ideally til the final credits.
8. What film genre is your favourite?
1970s Disaster movies for those starry all star casts and ludicrous plots. Also, I would definitely buy a CD with all those songs sung in those movies .. they are priceless and I’m sad no one has done this yet. If they have and I don’t know please tell me asap!
9. Would you choose When Harry Met Sally or Moonstruck in a battle of great romantic comedies?
I’ve reviewed both but When Harry Met Sally gets my vote. It’s a timeless movie with a fantastic cast. Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal have lovely comic chemistry. Although it’s Carrie Fisher who plays the more likeable and believable character.
10. Who is your favourite director?
Irwin Allen for those disaster movies could teach those Asylum filmmakers a thing or too about how to put the fun, drama and all star cast into a disaster film.
11. What is your favourite Michelle Pfeiffer film?
And now there’s a hush in the auditorium as I take centre stage and announce those 11 nominated bloggers… again in no particular order…
and Movie Mom
And here’s your 11 questions… (cheating here as asking you the same as I asked my previous 11 HERE).
- If you could be in lockdown – and stuck in a house with them for 24 hours a day – with someone famous who would you pick and why…?
- A certain streaming service asks you which film franchise to add for lockdown viewing worldwide, which would you pick?
- If you could add all films with one particular actor or actress on this same streaming service, who would you pick and why?
- If you could delete all films with one particular actor or actress on this same streaming service, who would you pick and why?
- If you could pick 5 actors and actresses to be put on TV Live, to live in lockdown together for a month who would you choose?
- What film do you think deserves more recognition?
- What’s your favourite so bad its good movie?
- If you could give an Oscar to any actor or actress for a lifetime achievement award who would you pick (do’t answer the same person from your no 3 answer)?
- What’s your favourite film find since going into lockdown?
- What’s your favourite TV find since going into lockdown?
- Have you binged on any series or franchise since going into lockdown? Which ones?
So that’s that, and tune in for my nominees for those Versatile Bloggers and The Liebster Awards…