It’s award time again at Realweegiemidget Reviews…
Read up on the next of my nominees, this time for Liebster Awards.
Just last week we celebrated my Sunshine blogging nominations for the second – and final – time this month with some blogs I’ve not honoured yet and some I have. This is my penultimate post in these award catch up posts from the last year (and a bit).
Today, I’m sending a big thanks to my lovely nominators Hollywood Genes and Analysis Worm for their wonderful awards with my double nomination for a Liebster award. The Liebster Award, is an award that I last received as a newbie blogger HERE and HERE with four awards from some lovely bloggers.
Back then, I nominated a film blogger who I am still in touch with, so giving a wee shout out to Vinnieh!! CLICK HERE for his great blog… Other nominees included many other bloggers in some more random niches and a couple more film bloggers.
That was approximately 4 and a bit years ago, and since then I’ve discovered many more film blogs of all types through reading loads of wonderful post. As well as signing up for more than a few blogathons and tags.
My lucky eleven nominees to be honoured for this award today however may have featured in my previous bloggers list of nominees for Sunshine Awards… but are now nominated in this category…
The word Liebster defined as:
“dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart.”
I’m therefore giving it to 11 blogs who I’ve met over my years blogging, and that I believe fall into this category.. (however there are many more of you not mentioned so this list has been cut down quite a bit)
Here’s the rules… (as cut and pasted from a nominees blog…)
- Thank the nominator in your award post.
- Place the award logo somewhere on your blog.
- You must state up to 11 facts about yourself.
- Complete the questions that your nominator provided.
- Nominate as many bloggers as you’d like (11 is the maximum).
- Ask your nominees a series of questions (11 is the maximum).
Here’s your award…
11 facts about myself…
- I’ve always been the smallest in my class, despite reassurances from a very tall teacher in Primary school that I would grow to be taller than everyone.
- As a kid, I used to collect signed photos from TV stars and had almost all the original Eastenders cast and many more. Now all of the photos are lost never to be found again.
- I regularly do a chocolate swap with a blogging friend, Thoughts All Sorts (just to keep in touch and because we’ve discovered that each other’s home country does bloody good chocolate.)
- My favourite cake is coffee and walnut cake with coffee butter icing but not with ice-cream (which I hate) or whipped cream (which I adore).
- Failing that, its sticky toffee pudding with cream. The cream must be whipped and on the side and not on top of the pudding.
- I hate fig rolls and would only eat them in a life or death emergency.
- If I was out of lock down with no chance of getting coronavirus I’d want to visit my family back home in Scotland.
- My favourite TV Show – after Dallas – is The Americans. I’m both gutted and happy this series in over… as it left on a good note but I miss it like crazy.
- My favourite superhero is Thor and not just because he’s played by Chris Hemsworth.
- My wrists are double jointed.
- I’m left handed.
What is the strangest or most off-brand topic/thing you’ve blogged about?
Possibly, when I’ve written about making chili the Johnny Cash way or when I made Linda Blair’s trifle for Silver Suppers Cook-alongs. These were both fun reviews to write and discovered some great recipes from the stars in the process.
Who or what inspired you to start blogging?
My husband set me up with a WordPress blog and I wrote my first post after I saw Love & Mercy. As a film with romance and a biopic with a slant on Mental Health I really enjoyed it and ended up writing a review on it. The rest as they say is history..
Recast one of your favorite classic movies (pre 1970s) with modern actors.
Nothing Sacred is a Fredric March and Carole Lombard screwball comedy which I would recast with Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid, but back in the 1980s. Then they had a lovely comic and on screen chemistry in Innerspace and would fit the bill perfectly…
Recast one of your favorite modern movies with classic actors.
The 1980s film Surrender I’d recast with Cary Grant or Rock Hudson in the Michael Caine role, Doris Day in Sally Field’s part and a cameo from James Garner with a villainous moustache as Steve Guttenberg’s character.. if you haven’t seen this gem check out the trailer and review HERE and just imagine it…
What is a book that you would love to see adapted into a film and why?
More a genre than a specific film, I’d love to see a biopic of some of the more bigger names in Hollywood and the UK but written and narrated by the star concerned (or by a fab impersonator) and the actor playing them seen from behind so the wrong face doesn’t distract you.
What do you consider the biggest misstep behind the scenes in the cinema world (i.e. not casting someone for a role, a specific directorial choice, a remake that shouldn’t have happened, an interview that went on to haunt someone, etc.)
What do you consider the most fascinating film community scandal (past or present)?
Don’t really like to write about these scandals as people can be a wee bit judgemental without knowing everything about that person, time or place…
Which actor or actress do you think died way too soon and where would you have liked to see their career go had they lived?
Richard Burton, but then I think he’d be in Eastenders now, probably. Or worse still Casualty… I would have liked him instead to be giving a spiel before showing some of the better 1970s movies, preferably uncut and sitting in a giant armchair with a whisky.
Which actor or actress missed their calling in a specific genre and why do you think they would or would have excelled in this vein?
I would love to have see Chris Hemsworth in more comedies and not in every reboot ever of those 1980s classic films that didn’t need a remake or a reboot.
Which 6 guests would you invite to your Hollywood party and why these specific 6?
I’m assuming these guests would be big Hollywood names… so love Jack Nicholson, Michael Caine, Lee Grant (the actress and not the footballer), Jessica Lange, Leonardo DiCaprio and Kathleen Turner. Mainly for good conversation and their presence really.
Which onscreen outfit would you wear everyday if you could and why did you pick this one
I adore some of those cool 1960s and 1970s every day dresses seen in the movies from that time or any made around this era. So probably Margot Robbie’s wardrobe from Once Upon a Time in Hollywood but altered to fit a wee person.
How long have you been blogging? What is your most memorable moment?
Nearly 5 years and my favourite moments include Joan Collins following me on Twitter and Judy Matheson and James Garner’s daughter, Gigi agreeing to exclusive interviews.. thanks again girls!
What inspired you to start blogging?
Love & Mercy … see above!!
Which niche or genre do you blog about?
Anything entertainment but mainly retro films and TV.
Tea or Coffee? Or neither?
Both but Coffee in the morning and flavoured tea such as mint or ginger at night…
Where do you tend to think better: Outside in a busy, crowded place or in your home where there is no-one?
At home in relative silence as I can concentrate better…
Are there any relatives or friends who support you and help you out in your hobby of blogging?
My husband helps me find good movies and always knows the best films for me to review or write about in a blogathon.
How often do you tend to write a post? Do you have a schedule?
At the moment I’m writing a post a week.. no schedule but I do blogathons with other bloggers so will review for these in time for Day 1 of their tribute.
Do you listen to music while blogging? Which genres of songs do you like?
No I don’t as I find it distracting unless I’m writing about a soundtrack… which is often my favourite “genre”.
What do you do when you just want to tuck yourself in with a glass of wine?
I don’t drink wine so it would probably be a nice coffee and cake instead.. I’d probably want to watch a really good movie or tv show.
What advice would you give to any new bloggers?
If you are nominated for a blogging award don’t think of it as a chain letter but as a compliment you can share with other bloggers..
My Nominees are…
Paul S from Pfeiffer Pfilms and Meg Movies
Rebecca from Taking Up Room
John from The JHL Collective
Chris from Angelmans Place
Barry from Cinematic Catharsis
Ken from Le Cinema Dreams
Ruth from Silver Screenings
Ginnie from The Wonderful World of Cinema
Kristina from Speakeasy
Cat from Thoughts All Sorts
Emma from Emma K Wall (Explains it All)
1. Who would you most like to meet from the world of film?
2. If you could go behind the scenes on a movie or TV Show which one would it be?
3. What’s your favourite genre…?
4. Who do you think deserves an Oscar nomination who hasn’t had one yet.
5. You are the only survivor on earth with one superhero, who is it? Why?
6. What’s your feelings about remakes or reboots?
7. What’s your fave all time find on those streaming packages…
8. Who would you most like to see in more movies and in what genre.?
9. Favourite cake? with cream or ice cream?
10. What’s your favourite Hollywood era?
11. If you could go back in time and warn a star about something that happens to them in the future, who would it be and what would you tell them…
Tune in soon for my final awards ceremony….