Time for a long awaited Vincent Price tribute…
Celebrating the thrilling actor who dabbled in television, movies, art and the kitchen, Vincent Price.
Vincent Price – Top 50 Highest Rated Movies, Top 10 Charts
For the first of two joint blogathons this year Cinematic Catharsis and I are going into familiar yet uncharted territory with our blogathon subject, Vincent Price. Price is not just a renowned presence from our annual blogathon on all things Hammer and Amicus… He is also well known from delightful appearances on the radio, stage or the big or wee screen. We’re hoping to celebrate many of his acting performances from his early days as a character actor to a leading man.
This actor has also a captivating off screen life story as he has a claim to fame to some famous ancestors. He has other passions with his well publicised loves of art and gourmet cooking. His films and TV performances include characters in horror, thrillers, film noirs, parodies and animations. In his acting performances, he acted with the best of them.. with everyone from Charlton Heston to Bob Hope and Jack Nicholson to Christopher Lee. Actresses in his many, many films included Judy Matheson, Ava Gardner, Caroline Munro, Ruth Gordon and Diana Rigg. He worked with directors including Cecil B. DeMille and Roger Corman. His distinctive voice has also been heard not only on the radio but accompanying the music of some famous pop stars. Price even released his own pop single in the 1970s.
So it’s up to you how you want to tribute this actor.. and if you want to bounce off a more random choice of tribute, I’m happy to consider your suggestions. All we are asking is that in your post you are respectful of Price in your post as we are not accepting derogatory posts. Just follow the rules below, then come and join the blogathon between the 17th and 19th April this year. Please note… I am not accepting guest posts.
The rules for the blogathon are as always…
- You can review ANY of his films or TV shows. Or if you want to review books or topics about him that’s ok with us too.
- We will allow just the one duplicate review for each topic be it movie, book or TV Show. You can however write on those previously mentioned, if they are in a list or retrospective review.
- Review choices can be added as a comment on this page or you can contact me on my Contact Me page – please add the name and URL of your blog along with your choice of movie / book or TV choice. Or you can send me a Direct Message on Twitter.
- Or if you want to write about Vincent Price, tell me what your topic will be. We won’t accept posts which are uncomplimentary or disrespectful to him.
- You can only submit two posts for the blogathon.
- Add your Twitter username so we can promote your post.
- A full list of blogs and review choices will be posted on a separate page and updated regularly.
- Only original, never before published posts will be accepted.
- Send your link to your post link to Barry or me on the days of the blogathon.
- Note we will be publishing all the links on both my WordPress blog and Barry’s Blogspot one on each day of the blogathon.
The following films have been chosen by myself and my co-host…
Cinematic Catharsis… Dragonwyck (1946)
Realweegiemidget Reviews…Theatre of Horror (1973)
A full list of participants and their topics will be added to my who’s doing what page HERE.
Please add one of our banners below to your post…