Join me this September for a blogathon celebrating all accents “Scottish”…
For my final non-joint blogathon this year – have I got a theme for you – as it’s time for a blogathon with a Scottish accent.
Scottish Accents in Film & Television, The Disrupt
The world of film and TV, is as we know full of the variety of international life as we know it. This meaning that actors and actresses, sometimes have to go out of their comfort zone and try a new accent. This is usually like the nursery rhyme says, ie it can be “good, very good” or when “it’s bad it’s horrid”.
So this blogathon topic is one close to my Scottish heart. It’s loosely based on the No True Scotsman fallacy as described HERE… For your mission (should you choose to accept it), is to review a film, TV Movie, TV episode or TV series with a Scottish character in it and with a Scottish accent… BUT before you send me your Sean Connery / Gerard Butler / Sam Heughan / James McAvoy themed request, there is a catch…
This wee proviso is found here, in Darlin Husband’s full definition of the blogathon…
An actor or actress playing a Scot even though they themselves are not Scottish…
These characters’ “accents” can be from anywhere in Scotland, good or bad and from any year or genre. BUT Please check IMDb first to make sure your character is not actually played by a Scot first. (I will not be accepting James Bond films as only Sean Connery gave him a Scottish accent and as we all know he was as Scottish as Billy Connolly).
This blogathon will be run from the 6th to the 8th of September this year with only a maximum of 2 duplicates and 2 reviews per person…
- You can review ANY films, TV Movies or TV series about this subject.
- When adding your choice please also mention the Scottish character when you request your topic and in your final blog post (and preferably add a photograph of this character).
- I am allowing up to 2 duplicates for each film topic and TV Show. But only one review for each specific TV episode. You can write about those review topics previously mentioned, but only if they are in a list or retrospective review.
- Review choices can be added as a comment on this page or you can contact me on my Contact Me page – please add the name of your blog.
- I won’t accept posts that are disrespectful.
- You can only submit two posts for the blogathon.
- Add your Twitter username so I can promote your post.
- A full list of blogs and review choices will be posted on a separate page and updated regularly.
- Only original and never before published posts will be accepted.
- Send your link to your post link on the days of the blogathon.
- I am not accepting derogatory posts.
- Consider yourself in the blogathon after I agree to your choice, I won’t be adding those topics that are not formally agreed with me in the posts.
If you stuck for ideas here are a few honourable mentions…
Simon Pegg / James Doohan as Scotty in Star Trek… on film or TV
Mike Myers as his Scottish characters in Shrek / in So I Married an Axe Murderer / Fat Bastard in the Austin Powers movies
Jude Law as Robinson in Black Sea (2014)
Mel Gibson as William Wallace in Braveheart (1995)
Edward Woodward as Sgt Neil Howie in The Wicker Man (1973)
Emma Thompson as Elinor in Brave (2012)
Maggie Smith as Jean Brodie in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (1969)
Robin Williams as the titular role in Mrs Doubtfire (1993)
Topics chosen already…
Realweegiemidget Reviews… McMillan & Wife, S3 eP1 Death of a Monster Birth of a Legend (Roddy McDowall, Englishman as a Scot)
and CLICK HERE to check the Whos Doing What page for topics chosen already…
Please add one of the banners below to your blog and final post…
And come and join me and those “Scots” in September…