Time for another purrfect collaboration with those 2 Reel Quirky Cats at Realweegiemidget Reviews and Thoughts All Sorts and this time it’s a blogathon…
Come and join our Blogathon remembering those fabulous people and films and TV who entertain us both in both in front of and behind the scenes in the Then and Now (Now and Then) Blogathon.
So to tell you more on this double bill of fun , after we fell into our usual random conversations offline on all things 2 Reel Quirky Cats, Thoughts All Sorts and I drifted off and talked about
hot actors .. as is our norm .. and this time it was about when we first liked them and what we like them in now. Or later on in their career. This conversation dwelling on the likes of Jack Nicholson in One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975) and now in As Good As it Gets (1997) and also Christopher Plummer in his Sound of Music (1965) days and now in The Lake House (1996). That being me (of course), Cat of course added.. a few hot worthy names too. And we did talk about original movies and TV too compared to reboots… or was that Darlin’ Husband. He I’m sure is looking forward to the upcoming Dynasty (1981-89) as much as … erm..
We then decided this was a brilliant idea for our first (and hopefully not the last) joint blogathon.. so we are officially inviting you lovely film and TV bloggers to join in… for this exciting blogathon from the 12 to 15 November this year…
So welcome to the THEN and NOW Blogathon (NOW and THEN Blogathon) running from 12 to 15 November 2017.
We’re asking you to:
- an actor or actress and review two movies in which they appeared OR;
- a director or producer and review two movies they directed or produced OR;
- a film or tv series which has been rebooted or remade and review those.
BUT there needs to be at least a 20 year age gap between the two films/tv series being reviewed.
- The reviews/posts need to be separate i.e. one review/post for the THEN choice (the earlier film and a separate review/post for the NOW choice.
- The THEN review/post must be sent to Realweegiemidget Reviews and the NOW review/post must be sent to Thoughts All Sorts. We do require two reviews/posts i.e. if you only send one review/post we will deem the Blogothon requirements not met and won’t post it. So…we need to have both a THEN and a NOW review/post. Please send these to us within a few minutes of each other so we can keep track.
- No need to match up your reviews/posts…just send the relevant one to the relevant person and we’ll do the matching and linking and all that jazz.
- We will allow duplicate actors/actresses/directors/producers BUT not duplicate films. Example: we will allow duplicates of say, Leonardo DiCaprio, but not duplicate NOW and THEN films he appeared in.
- Realweegiemidget Reviews and Thoughts All Sorts will link to each other’s sites during the Blogathon days as well as the recap. We will keep these updated as entries come in throughout the Blogathon.
- Due to us having to match up posts, we ask that you restrict entries to a maximum two sets/pairs of NOW/THEN combinations so we don’t lose track.
- Remember….the age gap between the THEN and NOW selections must be at least 20 years e.g. 1978 and 1998.
- Add one of the THEN banners from me, and a NOW from Cat and add them to your blog and posts.
- Have fun and be creative!
Examples include (as seen in my natty picture accompanying this post)
The Poseidon Adventure (1972) and Poseidon (2006)
Leonardo DiCaprio in Marvin’s Room (1996) and Shutter Island (2010) .. (ok that’s 15 years (so this combination wouldn’t be allowed) but just had to add Leonardo..)
Dallas (1978-91) and Dallas 2012 (2012-14)
Joan Collins in Dynasty (1981-89) and The Time of Their Lives (2017).
To see all the entries so far…
We will update on our pages once the entries start coming in with both your entries… and also link to it – so CLICK HERE to see all the lovely entries in alphabetical order.
And my choices are…
Michael Caine The Eagle has Landed (1976) and Interstellar (2014)
and Harrison Ford in Blade Runner (1982) and Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
and Thought All Sorts choice is Jeff Bridges in THEN the Lolly-Madonna War XXX (1973) (and NOW Crazy Heart (2009))
And here’s the fabulous banners, made by the highly creative Thoughts All Sorts…
And just remember Realweegiemidget Reviews is THEN, and Thoughts All Sorts NOW… To join with your NOW choice, head on over to Thoughts All Sorts and for the matching THEN post, leave me a comment below together with your Blog name and URL.
So CLICK HERE, to join Thoughts All Sorts NOW page… Oh, and make sure you grab a banner below for your THEN post and head on over to Thoughts All Sorts for the corresponding NOW banner.