Come and join my blogathon I’m holding in honour of Richard Burton…
Come and celebrate one of the world’s most famous Welshmen.
Richard Burton Ten Best Movies [TOP 10] Richard Burton Films, Puerto Vallarta Mexico
So as many of you may know – if you’ve been paying attention to my blog – I’m a wee Scottish expat living in Finland (for love, if you’re really interested on the why). Also that I sometimes get a wee bit homesick.. mostly for those accents back home, as you do! So to help me get cured of my homesickness for good old Great Britain, I”m asking for your reviews of an actor with an iconic presence and voice, the lovely Richard Burton. You can join my blogathon by reviewing his movies, TV, theatre work or your posts on his life.. It’s up to you. You can also join with a video or a podcast if that’s your thing…
So why Burton you cry? Burton as one of those wonderful Brits has a wide and varied career on the big and wee screen, on the stage and Broadway and beyond. He’s done everything and anything including the historical… to Shakespeare including Anne of a Thousand Days (1969) to Broadway musicals such as Camelot, Dramas.. such as The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (1965) and Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1968) to Horror... such as The Medusa Touch (1978). And there are so many more…
He also was married to that wonderful actress Elizabeth Taylor (and if you choose to review them as a couple I ask you respect both of these talents in your post). And Burton has a fascinating life story behind the camera.
So I’m inviting you all officially to my final blogathon this year (as a hostess), and the Regaling About Richard Burton Blogathon .
All I ask is that you send me a post on the man himself for this new blogathon between the 3rd and 5th December…
And HERE is a link to that Who’s Doing What page.. where I will list all the bloggers and their entries.
Or just tune in and enjoy the blogathon as it happens…
And the all important rules…
And love you lovely lot of bloggers to join me….or anyone else who wants to celebrate Richard Burton.
- You can review ANY of his films, theatre or TV appearances.
- I will allow just the three duplicates for each topic, movie or TV Show.
- Review choices can be added as a comment on this page or you can contact me on my Contact Me page – either way please add the name and URL of your blog along with your movie or TV choice. Or you can send me a Direct Message on Twitter.
- I won’t accept posts which are uncomplimentary or disrespectful to Richard Burton, his life or his work.
- Add your Twitter handle so I can promote your post.
- You can only use new posts or new reviews.
- You can also add podcasts on him or his work but only if you send me the podcast link by my Contact Me page.
- A full list of blogs, podcasters and review choices will be posted on a separate page and updated regularly.
- Send your link to your post /podcast / video to me on the days of the blogathon.
- Have fun
And remember my choice is..
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (1965) or Anne of the Thousand Days (1969)
Now send me your request and once I’ve oked it, please do add one of the banners below on your blog.
And finally a wee note: For those of you who were already donning your stetsons in the hope of another Dallas blogathon this year since its now 40 years… if you can wait until 2020 its the 40th Anniversary instead….of that major whodunnit. Or maybe just maybe it might make a wee unscheduled arrival next year…