Whatcha talkin’ about Realweegiemidget?
Everything you wanted to know about the Liebster Blogging Awards but were afraid to ask. Includes my 11 lovely nominated blogs…..read them now, you know you want to.
Melvyn Douglas winning Best Supporting Actor for “Being There”, Oscars, http://www.youtube.com. Awards were copied from all my nominators pages, from left to right Quirking it Out, MaryAngela’s Blog and StarrElizabeth. The actual award was cut and paste from here.
So I’ve been gittering on my blog for just under 4 months now about my favourite subjects – probably with the exception of the Jobs review, and definitely to do with the Dallas one – and the Liebster Awards are here, celebrating the newer blogs plucked from obscurity and nominated by other new bloggers. I was surprised – and overwhelmed – to get three people nominating me and felt like a wee young, first timer, Justin Henry at the 1980 Oscars as I felt there was so many more experienced people in the room. Justin Henry – like me was a relative newcomer as at 8 years old – was nominated for his first role as Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep’s son in Kramer vs Kramer for the Best Supporting Actor against then heavyweights such as Robert Duvall and Mickey Rooney. Anyway, this post is about the Liebster Award. So I’ll you more about that film in this review…
So what are the Liebster Awards? For the oracle of all Liebster Award information, I was directed HERE.. to find out my mission, as I chose to accept the nominations. I also used the systems I observed in my nominators’ posts on this subject. So thanks girls.
- Write a wee bit about the Liebster Award and thank your nominator(s). You can nominate someone who already has this award.
- Say in your acceptance who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Nominate and list 10 blogs in your post you wish to give the award to.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions to answer in their post.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator will have asked you in their post.
- Tell 11 random facts about you.
- Pass on the award to the blogs you nominated (in total – not 11 per nomination as I first thought) if you accept the nomination. Accepting is not compulsory, and you are not struck off the Blogging Circle invites if you don’t.
- Send your nominee a link to your post.
- Link to your nominator in your post so as they can see your post and the answers to their questions.
- Ask them to follow your blog and confirm their acceptance in the comments of the post.
- Cut and paste the award below to your blog and feel the pride of winning.
So on with the show…
The Liebster Award is a buzz word between bloggers, with the word Liebster meaning:
“dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart.”
More about the Award can be found in the first couple of paragraphs of this post.
I’d like to thank my 3 nominators – in no particular order – from a social media group for nominating me. But not in an OTT Sally Field getting her Oscar kind of way – but thanks for passing on this award, feel really honoured and flattered you thought of me. Their questions in italic, my answers in bold type. My nominators were the Mary Angela’s Blog, Quirking it Out blog and StarrElizabeth blog.
- Mary Angela Prabhu’s Blog, CLICK HERE for her fantastic blog …
- When did you start your blog and why? Started in October last year, my husband had been encouraging me to start one for ages and had even set one up for me, so after watching the excellent film Love & Mercy, I just started writing about it.
- What is your blog about? I review Movies, TV and Books from any genre and any year.
- What is your ideal morning routine? Have breakfast with my husband and then spend the whole day together doing something random and fun.
- What did you do with your first salary? Spent it on going out with my pals and on books as was a student then, but as a student nurse you got a salary.
- Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? Would love to be reviewing for a living, and would definitely love to be with my husband and just as happy.
- What is your favorite song and why? Hard question, probably The Carpenters, I need to be in love as reminds me of when I met my husband.
- If you could have one super power, what would it be and why? I’d like to fly so as I can reach things better – I’m only 5ft – and visit by best girly friends in the US, New Zealand and UK.
- What is your favorite flavor of Ice Cream? Not that fond of ice cream, but probably Rocky Road or Cookie Dough if I had to choose.
- What is your favorite show/movie and why? Dallas, the original TV series because I loved the characters, the storylines and the sense that the cast enjoyed working together.. always makes a difference in the end result. Movie would have to be One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest as Jack Nicholson is fantastic, and the film makes me cry, cheer and laugh.
- If you could have one wish, what would it be? Can’t say as won’t happen!
- What are your hobbies? Writing, keeping up with friends, cooking, coffee shops and cakes with friends, cinema and family.
2. Quirking it Out, CLICK HERE for the wonderful blog by Celina Tolbert
- What inspires you? My husband, my parents and good people.
- If you could visit me in Paris, what is one thing we’d have to do? Go for coffee and cake crawl and chat about random stuff.
- What is your biggest goal with your blog? Would love to have a review published in one of the big Film magazines.
- What is your biggest fear? Heights.
- Would you rather be wealthy stuck in one place or poor but able to go anywhere? Poor as then you would discover all the more random places.
- Donuts or coffee? Coffee.
- Most embarrassing moment? Too many to count. Probably when I believed my husband that you could ask for a magic step to help little people get off trains and I asked the conductor, later found out my husband was winding me up.
- How do you start your day? Exercise routine then breakfast and lots of coffee!
- What do you do when you don’t feel like writing? Watch a film or trailer to inspire me.
- What’s the absolute best thing to watch on Netflix? Don’t have Netflix, but if I did would watch back to back movies.
- Which of your dreams/goals scares you? I’d love to have a review column in a film magazine, but it would be scary knowing your opinion might influence someone to watch or avoid a film.
3. StarrElizabeth, CLICK HERE for Elizabeth Starr’s lovely blog
- Whats the one song that’s been stuck on repeat in your head lately? The theme to Terms of Endearment which was my last review!
- Why did you start your blog? Because I felt inspired to write after seeing Love and Mercy and enjoyed writing.
- What’s the best TV show or movie you’ve seen recently? Hard to decide between The Americans and Mad Men. Really loved the new Star Wars film too.
- Who’s your biggest inspiration? My husband, my family and the actor Larry Hagman.
- Where’s one place you want to travel too before you die? Los Angeles as my best girly friend lives there.
- What’s your dream job? Writing film reviews and getting paid for it.
- If you could do anything for the next 24 hours, what would you do? Watch the all Star Wars films back to back with my husband.
- What’s the goal for your blog? Don’t have one, but would love to get a review published.
- If you were a carton character, what would be your signature outfit? A cape, a mask and stilts to get to high places… and be called the Wee Avenger!
- Do you have any pets? What are their names? When did you get them? None, I would love a cat.
- How has your week been? Exciting getting these awards but sad as so many people deserve them and you can only pick so many – feels like you back at school picking the Netball team. Really hard.
My nominees are…rips open envelope…in no particular order, your award is below and you can download it to your blog. Congratulations.
- Silent D and me
- Our Rach Blogs
- A Mother’s Cry
- Healthy Living With Destiny
- Galaxy Entertainment
- Letters of Elan
- Olivia Derby
- Bottom Left of the Mitten
And my questions for my 10 nominees are as follows:
- How did you choose the name for your blog?
- How did you decide on the subject of your blog?
- If you could choose a film to be reviewed in this blog which one would you choose?
- Which of my film reviews would you pass onto a friend if you wanted them to see the film with you?
- Which of my TV reviews would you pass onto a friend if you wanted them to watch the programme with you?
- If you could move anywhere as an expat where would you move?
- Final question… What 3 tips would you give for a first time blogger?
Finally 11 random things about me
- I was one of the kids who let go of a balloon on BBC’s Blue Peter for their 20th Birthday when it was televised from Aberdeen.
- I was in the 2nd row to watch Terry Wogan interview Larry Hagman, Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy when he interviewed the Dallas Stars in Wogan Now and Then.
- When I was wee had my swap featured on Multi Coloured Swap Shop.
- When I was a kid I won 3 Blue Peter badges.
- 4 of the original cast in Dallas, liked my Tweets about Dallas in relation to my blog (see Mentions).
- David M Latt who produced Sharknado became my first celebrity follower and commented on my review of his movies. (see Mentions).
- My International Velvet review was retweeted by its star, Tatum O’Neal (see Mentions).
- The Elizabeth Perkins official page on a social media site, liked my post about her film About Last Night (see Mentions).
- I live in Finland.
- I am obsessed with the original series of Dallas.
- If I could be stuck in a lift with a celebrity it would be Jack Nicholson as love to hear his stories about Hollywood.
So it’s over to the nominees now, remember to follow me and confirm your acceptance of the award below. Will also be mentioning you guys on my social media pages, so private message me via Facebook HERE with your details.